A.D.H.D., ALL neurological Disorders and Disabilities, Alzheimer’s Service Dogs, Anxiety Service Dogs, ASPERGER’S SYNDROME, Autism, Autism Service Dog, BI-POLAR, Bi-Polar Service Dogs, Dementia Service Dogs, Depression Service Dogs, dog psychology, Dog Training, Dog Wish Service Dogs, EPILEPSY Service Dogs, Family Defense K9, Home Defense K9, Impulse control, MEDICALLY FRAGILE, neurological disability, O.C.D., Obedience Training, P.T.S.D., P.T.S.D. SERVICE DOGS, PDD.NOS Service Dogs, PSYCHIATRIC SERVICE DOGs, Service Dogs, SERVICE DOGS FOR CEREBRAL PALSY, Service Dogs for meltdowns, sleep Apnea, Tethering, Tethering Service Dogs
At Dog Wish we train dogs for life and death, critical situations, and have found that the most important thing we can do for our clients is to imprint a critical energetic bonding with them and their dog. Dog Wish, years ago, designed a program that teaches our dogs to become “Brainwave Sensitive”.
- First we teach each dog to slow their brains pattern of processing thought
- So that they become quiet and intense
- We then teach them to become hypervigilant of their handler at all times
- Their dog will feel every energy coming from their brain, and every smell, coming from their body.
- We use that training to retrain their handler’s brain, through the process of communicating with their Service dog, to function in a more self-controlled, natural, beneficial manner.
Given the following actual situations, this past year we successfully placed dogs with:
- Children with eloping, meltdown, out of control behaviors that run lower/medium on the Autism scale, whose sensory input issues are astronomical.
- Individuals who have developed uncontrolled, critical Seizures, happening at random, that paralyze their bodys, and putting them in a catatonic state of being, causing them extreme anxiety.
- Men and women diagnosed with Dementia, who have lost their cognitive abilities to reason, remember, or communicate.
- People with Cerebral Palsy, Seizures, TBI, Autism, some in a wheel chairs, who have limited mental control, are frustrated, and can have violent melt downs and/or extreme anxiety.
- People riddled with PTSD, Night Terrors, constant mental replay, causing them extreme fear- based anxiety, and crippling their ability to function in life.
Families with multiple neurological disabilities and problems, having daily and hourly critical problems, unable to function and perform for normal daily concerns.
How are they going to handle a trained Psychiatric Service Dog, give it commands, and make it function?
The answer is, unless the dog is trained:
- To work with and perform tasks for each specific individual,
- To respond correctly, because that is what it does,
- To do its’ job because that is what it is trained to do,
You don’t have a hope of that dog performing the way that person needs.
In each situation mentioned above, Dog Wish was almost 100% successful in meeting the specific needs of each individual and their family, and working things out for them. How?
*The first thing Dog Wish does, with any dog in training as a Psychiatric Service Dog, is:
- To teach them on command to stop,
- (Physically, Mentally, & Emotionally)
- Cut their drive and relax,
- Maintain a calm, controlled demeanor.
- Tune into the energies projected by the brains of those around them.
- Respond according to the energies presented to them at that moment.
This has proven to be the most effective means of control we have found for our clients.
- People with Developmental and Neurological Disabilities cannot handle anxious, uncontrolled behaviors, so unless their dog is calm, relaxed, focused, and responsive, they can’t stand being around it, at all.
We do not follow a Guide Dog type of training, but need for our dogs to be empowered and resilliant in the performance of their duties and trained tasks. The dog cannot have an inferior temperament that disables it, like so many other Organizations actually look for in their “Service Dog” candidates. The dog actually needs to be:
- Fully functional,
- Dynamically intelligent
- In control at all times.
It means that the dog is trained to go into a “command mode” where it learns to behave in a controlled manner that serves as a “counter balance” to the behaviors of its handler, and often their family.
- The dog enables them to find freedom from the constant emotional disturbances they face.
- The dog helps them to relax, and function on a higher cognizant level.
- The dog feeds them a relaxing, calm peacefulness that they constantly feed on
The effect of this condition in the dog produces the capability and enablement in their handler and their family to function on a more consistent, relaxed, higher level, free from the onslaught of the emotionally disabling features of their neurological disabilities.
We have found that the strongest tool in our arsenal of K9 weapons is the ability to connect and synchronize the energy of our dogs, with that of their handlers. Once we do this, the handler quickly learns to connect and respond to the energetic level of the dog.
We recently took a young male German Shepherd Dog (10 months), bred from parents who were both trained Psychiatric Service Dogs, to the home of a family with a young 7-year-old boy with critical, lower middle spectrum, Autism behaviors. When we arrived the boy took one look at the dog, put his hands on his ears, and ran hysterically to safety. It’s what we expected. We all knew it was going to take time for the boy to adjust to the dog, if he would.
- He was use to being the recipient of attention from his whole family, who joined in caring for, working with, and handling him, and often it took the whole family of mom, dad, and his older sister to do the job.
- His father had quit his job teaching school, and stayed home to be a full-time father for his disabled son.
- He had a zero tolerance level for any new sensory addition to his very regulated environment, and the family had great difficulty taking him out of that environment, anywhere.
This was a new adventure and experience that he was going to have to adjust to over time and in spite of the conscientious work from the whole family, and he felt “invaded” on many fronts.
- We started working with dad, helping him to learn how to handle and use the dog to help with his son. The boy watched from a comfortable distance as dad, his sister, and then mom would interact with the dog, and encourage him in a positive way to participate with them.
- The energy output provided by the dog in itself was astounding. The dog’s energy level stabilized and then changed the energy in the home. We then started tethering the boy to the dog while we trained with them both.
- The third night, for the first time in 6 years, they had a family reunion, and all the family came for dinner. It was great, and the boy would walk over, touch, and then pet the new dog. The fourth day brought us a dynamic change, as the boy walked by, petted, and would handle the dog, along with the rest of the family.
- The next day, Monday, the boy grabbed the dog’s leash, and walked his new dog into his Autism School facility. It was something they didn’t expect. From there they were able to use the bond of energy with their new dog to get their son to go into stores without the normal horrific melt downs, they had experienced for the past several years.
- It just kept getting better. The son started playing with the dog, going outside and having fun with his new dog, and sleeping with him.
The balance of stabilizing energy provided by this new family addition not only changed everything for the family, it brought an enabling presence to them that they had never before experienced. We knew what the dog would do for this family, but didn’t know how they would react to the dog.
This single, but incredibly effective conditioning brought amazing changes and results to this familie’s endeavors to help create and stabilize a positive foundation of synchronized energy which they all enjoyed and used to enhance their lives as a family, to work together, and to enjoy each other, on a level they had never known.
OUR TRAINING METHODS ARE FOUNDED ON THE DOG AND HANDLER MOVING IN A COOPERATED EFFORT WITH SYNCRONIZED ENERGY, WHICH PHYSICALLY AND EMOTIONALLY BONDS THEM.
Our methods for training are holistic, and therapeutic. They are based on a “right” brained technology, and designed to increase the synchronization of energy between the dog and the handler. As the handler uses them it slows their brain down, teaches them to let go, focus on the level of energy we are using to teach the dog, and allow that energy to help the two bond and move in sync. It is a major fundamental part of our training. It is also the foundation for higher consciousness.
As you we use hand communications that focus the dog and the handler/trainer/participate together. Both the dog, and the handler, focus and coordinate, cooperate, communicate, and co-create behaviors, using the hand communications. As they do, they synchronize their physical/mental/emotional movement together, and learn to “be” at one with each other. It is a humbling, refreshing, remarkable adventure that both share in, and as they do they learn to focus, think, and act as one. Each one learns to understand, respond, and become a unified, bonded, team member, and to share with the other in a remarkable exchange of energy and power that they build together.
As the boy watched the father work with the dog, he identified with, both the dog and his father. They boy was learning to speak with sign language, so learning to communicate with the dog using hand signals was natural for him. However, our communication goes much deeper, and the hand movements are used to express our thoughts, feelings, and desires, in a complete spectrum of communicable idioms. This dynamic communication makes it possible to sync our communication with the dog in a comprehensible form that greatly enhances our combined abilities to understand, and respond to each other.
“I needed to pull myself together and do something to change my life. I found Dog Wish, I read everything I could find and finally contacted them to see if they could train a dog that could actually help me to live a semi normal life.
I have been diagnosed with…
Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
Severe Social Anxiety Disorder
Hearing things that are not there
Bob Taylor at Dog Wish and I have numerous conversations, and after everything we talked about, and learning more about how he trains his dogs I just knew Dog Wish was the right place to get my service dog, if I was going to try and change my future. Dog Wish began training a dog to be mine. Later we set a date of April 6th for me to go to Dog Wish, to meet Cassie (my service dog) and begin my training with her.
The closer it got to Aril 6th, the more nervous I got. I NEVER leave my house to go anywhere alone. I need someone there with me all the time, I can’t be around or near strangers or else I freak out really bad. I have hyperventilated, I have passed out, it’s just not good for me to be alone because I think too much about what is going on around me and that is when I start freaking out. If I have someone with me, they can distract me and keep my mind on other things, which is good for me.
As the days got closer and closer, I knew I could not make the trip alone, so I had to buy last minute tickets for someone (Samantha) to go to Dog Wish with me. April 5th arrives, my luggage is packed and I need to leave for the airport that evening. I was a wreck, I just kept saying to myself… On the way home, I will have Cassie, it will be much easier, I can do this one last time and I have to!!!
At the airport on the way to Dog Wish, I was a mess, I walked with my head down and I just followed the lady I took with me, she lead the way. I sat down at our gate and I never moved, never looked around; I just stared at the floor thinking those same thoughts, over and over in my head… I can do this, just this one last time!
When I arrived at Dog Wish, I met Bob, we spoke, got to know each other for a few minutes, then he had one of the trainers go and get Cassie. When Cassie came near me, she immediately knew who I was from my scent, and I instantly fell in love with her! I trained with her for four days at Dog Wish. The four most remarkable days in my life!!!
On the fourth day, we headed to the airport on our on to come home. Cassie and I walked into the airport like we owned the place! I proudly walked up, got our boarding passes, walked to the gate and I sat and talked to Cassie until it was time for us to board the plane. They boarded us first; we sat right up front where Cassie had plenty of room to lay down. We had to change planes in Phoenix, AZ, and I had absolutely no problems around all those people! I felt the same when we arrived in Austin and got off our plane and drive home. I walked through the airport like a normal person! It was a great trip home.
It’s been about 3 months now since I met my Dog Wish service dog, Cassie. She knows exactly what to do to make things better for me! No one ever gets too close, without her blocking me. When I need to go grocery shopping, I don’t have to call every family member I have to find someone free, able and that is willing to go with me. I have not sat at home a single day I have had off. Cassie and I are visiting places, going for drives, taking walks, we go out to eat, window shopping… I don’t need to call anyone to go with me, Cassie and I just get dressed and go on our own!!! We even TALKED to people, people I don’t know, total strangers!
Cassie and I just get up and out the door we go, jump in the SUV and off to the store, just me and my Cassie! When I want to go out to eat (which I never got to do before) Cassie and I just go! When I just want to get out of the house, sometimes just for a ride, sometimes to the park, to the lake or whatever we decide to do. I never been window shopping so much in all my life, lol. Why? Because together, WE CAN!
There were some things I expected her to do for me, and she does all of those things, but what is really amazing about my Dog Wish service dog is that she does so much more than I expected! I had no idea I would ever be able to go anywhere, and not even notice people around me. I invited Samantha to go with us out to eat a few days ago. She was sitting across from me, Cassie was by my side as usual. I was talking to Samantha, and I noticed she had this weird look in her eyes. I asked her if she was ok. Her reply was, yes, but are you ok? I said yes, why? She said there was just a guy behind you, and you did not even turn around or get up and walk away. Cassie even got up and went behind you and you didn’t even move. I thought about it for a few seconds, and a tear rolled down my face as I said, I didn’t even notice. Just knowing Cassie is there with me, relieves so much stress from me! I truly never even noticed anyone around me in a busy restaurant on a Friday night! It may not sound like much to someone else, but for me, that is a significant change in my life! Cassie is so much more than I expected and we are growing closer to one another by the day!
I feel like a 100% changed and happy person!!! I feel like so many of my dreams have come true!!! I also feel that many more of my dreams are now possible with Cassie by my side!!!
Thank you to everyone at Dog Wish for changing my life!!!!
Love you guys and miss you daily!
Dené Payan and Cassie! 5-9-2016
As the handler concentrates on their physical hand communications, they “let go” of the left brained focus that traps them in a conscious state of delirium, where they review the problems they are confronting, and worry about the problems that they might face in the future because of their past and now present situations. Psychological Professionals have documented that we spend up to 80 percent of our time by focusing on this created static field of frustrating delimas.
It is extremely difficult for a person to “escape” from their fobiatic conscious state. Most people tell me that they cannot stop and meditate. They constantly think in attempts to resolve the “Delima” riddled life they have created. They can’t just let go, and allow their brains to move beyond this state of mind. So we have created that ability, which happens through the methods of our dog training.
Therefore, the more you use this method for training:
- The more you learn to slow down, express pure thought and be more exact in your communication with your dog.
- Through this process you are also training your own brain to stop, focus, and to receive energy and empowerment from the Psycho-Centric Universe around you.
- As you do this you actually free yourself to move forwards, and create new scenarios of thought and corresponding behaviors which are positive, happy, and connected, to your dog, and then yourself.
So many of us are cut off, from ourselves, from others, from nature, and from the very energies in and around us that we can use for resolution, and forward mental /emotional/ psychological healing. Through the relationship with your dog, and the strategy of our training procedures we use for training and handling, you can reconnect yourself to life.
- This process produces experiences that transform our lives, and help us to free up space for newness.
- This process helps us stop, focus, meditate, and really resolve our state of being.
- As the process is used properly it promotes neurological healing and balance.
- To “escape”, free yourself, and revitalize,
- Become prepared to receive new energy,
- Connect that energy to new, higher levels of consciousness, which give you the energy to move forwards.
- YOU can use this energy to resolve the past, and move into the future in a positive, dynamic, empowered consciousness.
Therefore, this first, fundamental, and extremely important part of our enabling Psychiatric dog training teaches you how to learn how to “let go”. You get out of the psycho-unconnected, self-absorbed state of conscious negativity by focusing on and using our strategically engineered program that produces “energetic transforming co-connectedness”.
Through your work with your dog, you become:
- and able to move and function on a higher level.
Becoming empowered and connected, with yourself, the world around you, and the universe, through your Dog Wish Psychiatric Service Dog, learning to receive, focus, and project your energies, will change your life.
Though there are many processes you will learn at Dog Wish, this first fundamental process will prepare you for all others. It enhances your ability to function, control, and direct your own brain, to think and function with power, intelligence, and a vibrant health.
Dog Wish is all about enabling YOU to function and live happier, healthier, and more completely, as a part of the world we are experiencing. You can enjoy life on a level you can’t even imagine right now, which you have to experience for yourself before we can even communicate to you about. The ability to connect, reach out, and live is primary and fundamental to good mental/emotional/physical health, and it is a fundamental KEY to opening a new life which you need.
To learn more about Dog Wish Psychiatric Service Dogs just email us, firstname.lastname@example.org, or call us at 760-662-3767. We are here for you, and will be excited to speak with and read about YOU.