A.D.H.D., ALL neurological Disorders and Disabilities, Alzheimer’s Service Dogs, Anxiety Service Dogs, ASPERGER’S SYNDROME, Autism, Autism Service Dog, BI-POLAR, Bi-Polar Service Dogs, Dementia Service Dogs, Depression Service Dogs, dog psychology, Dog Training, Dog Wish Service Dogs, EPILEPSY Service Dogs, Family Defense K9, Home Defense K9, Impulse control, MEDICALLY FRAGILE, neurological disability, O.C.D., Obedience Training, P.T.S.D., P.T.S.D. SERVICE DOGS, PDD.NOS Service Dogs, PSYCHIATRIC SERVICE DOGs, Service Dogs, SERVICE DOGS FOR CEREBRAL PALSY, Service Dogs for meltdowns, sleep Apnea, Tethering, Tethering Service Dogs
Our work at Dog Wish is primarily concerned with training our dogs to detect and respond to the brains of their handlers, detecting, responding to, and helping them to rectify neurological problems they suffer through on a daily, or hourly basis.
This last year we have experienced:
- unparalleled complete success with individuals disordered by Developmental Disabilities,
- Completely stopped Seizures in clients,
- Resolved PTSD, Bi-Polar, Anxiety, Depression, Severe Migraine, and other like disorders in clients,
- Have actual, documented, PREGRESSION, in several clients disordered by Alzheimer’s?!
- And other incredible feats, never accomplished before by any school of dog training, ANYWHERE.
Dog Wish started off almost 40 years ago, working with those a complete variety of disabilities, from clients who called us, organizations like the Make-A-Wish Foundation, and then in 1999 with individuals disordered by Developmental Disabilities; Autism, Asperger’s Syndrome, and Down Syndrome. We then started working with those disordered with Epilepsy, and Seizures, creating the first pre-alert Seizure K9s and Service Dogs. We then branched out to work with those affected by Anxiety, PTSD, Bi-Polar, etc. typed disorders, and then on working with those affected by Traumatic Brain Injuries, actual Brain diseases, and Medically caused disorders. In all we have placed thousands of dogs for those with neurological disabilities and disorders.
Many of the world’s leading Bio-Scientific Experts believe that man, as a species of animal life, is experiencing a tremendous evolvement, at the present time. To complicate this, or maybe as a result, our artificial exploding world of electronic and medical technology is causing critical problems for everyone on this planet, and some of the world’s leading biologists believe that man, as an animal species, was never meant to handle the problems, created by environment, and living conditions, as promoted by our world of artificial technologies, medications and, international communication abilities.
- 1 in 5 people are now suffering critical anxiety problems
- 1 in 10 are being born with a developmental disability
- 1 in 3 people are dealing with a brain oriented disability
DOG WISH RESPONDS
Our dog training has and is designed completely as a response to the critical and demanding needs of our clients. The methods we use are administered in a sensitive, but competent manner, individually, with each dog we train.
We have created a strategic and comprehensive breeding, whelping, raising, and training program, using a breed of dog we have created specifically designed to handle our client needs in a far SUPERIOR way:
- We have found and use dogs with SUPERIOR genetics and training, to pass these on to our pups
- We then do raise and train ALL our dogs, now used for our clients.
THE EFFECT OF OUR TRAINING ON THE BRAINS OF OUR DOGS AND CLIENTS
- We can maximize that change, from 100% to 500%, or 600% or more, according to the genetics in each individual dog.
- We can produce mental clarity, and enhanced ability to detect, receive, and communicate, through our training.
As we train our Service Dogs, we need to understand what is happening “inside” of the Service Dogs’ brain. I consistently remind my trainers that what they are doing will actually become a physical part of the brain of your Service Dog. Every repeated emotion, thought, and response you show your Service Dog, over a 21-day period, will become a physical part of that Service Dog.
Using the right side of your brain produces “Theta” brainwaves, whereas using the left side of your brain produces “Alpha” brainwaves. Service Dogs use the right side of their brains to respond to what is going on around them.
- The right side of the brain is often referred to as your “subconscious” mind, because it operates without your conscious mind (left-side) dictating how it should perform.
- Your brain’s computer, your hypothalamus, takes information stored in the right side of your brain to construct behaviors.
- Your hypothalamus works on memory, drawing from events stored in the right side of your brain to construct messages sent to your body. These emotions are simulations of past behaviors, that trigger present emotions in your body.
- Your hypothalamus therefore, constructs a learned formula that it learned in the past, and uses it to produce present emotions in your body.
- We strive to imprint in each dog the abilities, qualities, and trained responsiveness, that will enable them to become the naturally responsponding animal, their handler needs, to that they will respond to their handlers naturally, without the need for artificial commands and directions, and become a natural detection and response mechanism, who works for the benefit and safety of their handler, at all times.
- Service Dogs respond according to their feelings, more than they do to a rational, artificial, thought pattern. Those feelings are what connect them to the world around them.
- Many times those feelings come from a deeper, stronger, sub-conscious awareness, and are connected to many sensory sources of stored information and knowledge that we don’t even understand.
- Through our training Dog Wish introduces our dogs to the rational world of logic and cognitive reasoning, and teaches each Service Dog how to understand and use their brain’s left sided functions.
THE RIGHT BRAIN
Our brain processes some 32,700 thoughts a day. The left side can only hold some 300. The rest are left catalogued in your right brain, which stores them for you, and uses them to build your behaviors.
- The left side of your brain holds about 38 megabytes of memory.
- The right side of your brain has enough memory to contain the history of the universe.
- We now know that the brains of those with developmental disabilities, and those with brain injuries, brain aneurisms, seizures, etc., re-wire themselves, so that their bearer functions, to different extents, “right-brained”.
- We also have realized that many of the world’s most brilliant geniuses were right-brained.
- Therefore, the more we can tap into the great depths contained in the right side of our brains, the more intelligent and profitable our thoughts will be.
THE SUPRESSION OF OUR RIGHT BRAIN
Our species has determined that Alpha brainwaves are masculine, and Theta brainwaves are feminine, and we literally suppress the use of the right side of the brain as inferior. Instead we strongly condition our children, using the school systems, and demand left brain activity and responses. Our communication and our education are based on Alpha activity. Our views on Science and Religion, Politics, and Society are all left brained. Therefore, our ability to understand and use our right-brained activity is greatly restrained, under-developed, and socially restricted.
Yet, some the greatest artists, scientists, and historical figures used right brained technology to succeed. Their work has led them to a higher, superior level of consciousness than their “peers”.
If you want an example we can look at the great Albert Einstein, who was almost dismissed from his schooling in Germany and handed a broom, to clean up after his superiors. Four years later this young man with Asperger’s Syndrome shocked the world with his “Theory of Relativity”. After his death careful examination found that his brain was actually smaller than normal, but had twice as many neural synapse passages, meaning that his ability to send messages from his left, to his right brain, was at least twice that of the “normal” male human being, (actually women have brains constructed in this fashion as well, which is a good reason for why women make better dog handlers that men do).
The material stored in the right side of your brain is uncensored, pure, natural information. What we do with our left brained activities is to take that information and modify it to fit our conscious (right brained) perspective. In doing so we change it, so that it will fit into the categories of knowledge we can accept and use, the way we want. Our left brain controls the way we perceive and respond to the world around us.
- expand their consciousness,
- and increase their ability to communicate with humans.
We have found a process that stimulates the “Purkinge Axiom”, (the extension of the central nervous system, located in every cell in the brain).
- This process wakes up their conscious mind,
- and teaches them to receive and process communication dynamically with us, on our level.
This isn’t that hard, as our brain is harder to stimulate,
- works slower than the dogs’ brain does,
- and is clumsier in its’ ability to receive and store information than the dogs’ brain,
- because we have altered the process the brain uses through our left brain activity,
- and grown lazy through the development of artificial technology that makes life easier for us every day.
- This process is not natural, but artificial, and the more we use it, the more we decrease the potential of our brain and body to perform and function.
NOTE: Through the training I have designed you can actually co-create, in both you and your Service dog, the capacity and ability for new neural responsiveness, changing both your ability and the ability of your dogs’ brain to understand and respond to mental stimulation, and to produce a superior capability for brain functioning.
At Dog Wish, not only do we use a highly comprehensive process of evaluation, but often there are capability’s that a Service Dog just doesn’t have, because of their genetics, that we have to literally create WITH them. Learning how to “co-create” potential mental capabilities expands our abilities to use each Service Dog.
- Through this process we physically re-program your dogs’ behaviors to a great extent.
- Likewise, because my training is based on the use of your right brain, the more you use it, the healthier and more intelligent you will become and function as well.
*However, the most important fact here is that in so doing we alter the physical formation, usability, and performance capability of the brain!
SERVICE DOG SURGERY
Our training actually creates physical changes in the brain of every Service Dog we work with. What we are doing here is unique, it happens to our dogs as they are instructed and conditioned to perform.
- The fact that because we are so aware of this process, and that we understand “one-step-at-a-time” what is happening in the Service Dogs’ brain as we train with them,
- means we can stop, focus, receive input from the dog,
- and do a better job of communicating exactly what we want,
- on the specific level where each Service Dog is,
- the exact way they need that communication.
I call this process “Service Dog Surgery”.
- This increases clarity of mind,
- relieves stress,
- helps the dog to understand faster, better,
- to therefore respond more intelligently and problem free.
- Does the same thing for the handler that it does for the dog.
Understand that, instead, by teaching your dog to instead use “left brained training processes” like other trainers use, and to communicate with us, that way,
- you will be altering the dogs’ mentality, lifestyle, and shortening its’ life,
- (because now your dog will have to deal with the mental stresses we deal with, which are killing us.)
*At the same time, I use methods for handling and training that force you, as their human counter-parts to use your right brain to develop an ability to understand and respond to the dogs.
- The results are that both entities begin to respond in a “team”-like manner,
- To appreciate, respect, and respond to each other, in co-creation
- By meeting in the middle of their right and left-brain’s levels of activities.
- Both the trainer and the dog can reach a state of consciousness that is unique.
- The Buddhists call this the application of Zen, and believe it is the key to mental and spiritual enrichment.
- This basically, is the key to connect ability with all life, and on all levels.
At Dog Wish, our entire training program is a right brained process, from beginning to end.
- It is based on feeling and experiencing through energy,
- and not a rational based, non-feeling, analytical understanding.
There is nothing artificial that left-brain euphemists can use to destroy the experience for those endeavoring to find connection and understanding in a natural setting, with natural tools, and results. Those who endeavor to short cut, legislate, or infuse the experience with their left-brained, mentally toxic, self-absorbed poisons, will be found out in left field.
We’ve gone right!
People affected with Autism, Dementia, TBI, OTSD, etc., and other neurological disabilities become overwhelmed trying to understand and either re-produce, or produce left brained mental scenarios and functions, so a right-brained philosophy and technology is absolutely imperative in their learning process.
We watch them come to Dog Wish, frustrated and anxious, tired of others around them that can’t understand them, feeling separation and isolation, and needing to feel whole, healthy, and connected. For the most part they find that connectedness through their dog. Then, in a short period of time, work, and a committed effort to learn this process, they literally change their brain’s functionality, and their lives.
We teach our dogs to learn to work with their handler as a team, and family. They learn to watch the handler for signs of what that person wants them to do. They learn to be sensitive to the desires of that handler, and to respond instantly as the handler communicates his or her needs.
We teach our dogs to be sensitive to the energies and smells in and around their handler, to feel the handler, and to tune in deeply and sensitively with the handler from the very first day of training on. It is one of the most important things we teach our dogs to do. Also, as you can read in my books, published on Amazon.com, in their kindle section, I have developed a comprehensive understanding of the dogs’ thought and learning processes. By using the methods that we use at Dog Wish, you can gain the ability to understand, connect with, and control the thought patterns your dog uses to receive, process, and behave.
One major area of success in our training is that I have learned how, and created methods designed to “invert” the normal sensory process used by dogs, teaching them to focus, tune-in, observe, and respond to their human counterparts, instead of the other animal and earth oriented activities around them. I have found that the ability to focus produces a major part of our success.
- We endeavor to teach our dogs to focus 100% on their handler for several minutes at a time.
Another area of success comes from the fact that as a Multi-National Master Tracking
Dog Champion and Expert I have developed the ability to teach a dog to use its’ olfactory sense of “scent discrimination” to its’ highest potential, (up to 2 million times that of the normal human), and as I do I expand the dog’s ability to detect and react numerous times what it would otherwise be, to neurological happenstance in their human counter-part.
Another area of success comes from my LAPD field training. If dogs can be held responsible for detecting specific scents, as done in AKC obedience trials, why can’t they be held accountable for detecting images projected to them, and specific thought patterns presented to them? They can. You just have to figure out how to test and instruct them. When a dog realizes that I know what they are thinking, and that I am going to work with them accordingly, and instruct them based on what I know, their behavior changes completely. They begin to stop and look to see if I am tuned in.
When they realize I do know that they are thinking, it’s amazing how correct and accurate they become in training. They actually start asking questions, checking to make sure what they want is OK with me, and watching me to make sure I agree with them. Being “brainwave sensitive” is the only way they can make it through training. The results, as mentioned above, are miraculous!
Many of my clients make jokes about their dogs acting, “human”. I ask them not to insult the dogs. This is also why the methods and principles I use in training are so effective. It produces behavior in our dogs that is beyond human, sometimes way beyond human.
What we have found is that a dog’s brain is not inferior to their human counter-part. With proper conditioning, dogs are capable of working on the same level as we are, and sometimes far more.
Fluffy was a beautiful, long haired German Shepherd, who was bred from parents with top qualifying Police and Schutzhund titled backgrounds. The rest of the litter were real working dog puppies, and she was the one-dog-in-the-litter who was kind hearted, sweet natured, and had to be rescued from them, before their aggressive behavior could modify her ability to, through training, to become the real working dog they all do become.
Several in that litter mellowed out and became excellent Service Dogs, but at 10 to 14 weeks they were little “terrors”. We kept Fluffy with a very nice male lab who loved her, and she grew up happy. In her training. However, Fluffy remembered how traumatized she was as a young pup, and associated it to the work we wanted her to do. She refused to stay, refused to leave your side, would sit and shake and hated doing work that required her to assert herself.
I realized that if we were going to be successful with her, we would have to change her mental processes, her emotional associations, and help her to overcome her dilemmas. I introduced Fluffy to my daughter Amanda, who became her primary handler in training. Amanda identified with Fluffy, and they formed a good bond. By daily conditioning her with Amanda, putting her through exercises together with Amanda, and helping her to gain confidence and feel power over her abilities to respond and perform, she learned her lessons, and became a superior Service Dog. Fluffy then saved the life of her handlers, (we found the necessity to train her for thee different handlers), several times, and now is Nationally famous.
Knowing how to work with the brains in all our dogs, and their handlers, is the greatest insurance we have in our training.
For more information call Bob Taylor at 760-662-3767, or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org